Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,068 members, 7,859,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce (2282 Views)

Laura Onochie Jabs PDP... Umbrella Of Loot Pix / Okon Lagos Throws Jabs At Ben Bruce In His Statement On Buhari's Visit To China / We Need More Brain infrastructure! Senator Bruce Speaks The Truth A Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by coolscott(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2016
[size=13pt]I have come to the conclusion that it is inferiority complex that is behind jabs taken at Senator Ben Murray-Bruce.
Nigerians have a way of coming against that which has not come against them (but which makes them feel inferior).

So when you wonder what the person or people they are attacking have done to them, the truth is the victims of their attacks have thrown the first punch (even without them knowing). They have made the involved Nigerians feel inferior and the backlash is their reaction at that which has the efunctry to make them feel inferior.

1) Ben Murray-Bruce is well educated. Went through primary and secondary education in Lagos State before obtaining a bachelor's degree from the University of South Carolina in the United States.

2) He is half-cast

3) Unlike most Nigerian politicians who were successful at nothing outside and before politics, Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce achieved a lot of success outside politics, most notable amongst which include his growing of the Silverbird brand into a successful and thriving local and international brand. Not to mention the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant which he began in 1986

The mere fact that he stands distinguished from other riffy-raffy people that have flooded our political space infuriates many who would not mind him if he just kept his mouth shut and stopped inundating us with his common sense in that his nicer sounding English.

In response to our inclination to feel inferior to stuff like this, we utter such unsubstantiated nonsense as "He has the looks of Obama but the brains of..." As a side note, it should be noted that Obama has not always shown great intelligence himself.

What I would like to say is that if you are allergic to quality, common sense, and such things as Senator Murray-Bruce currently represents, the fruits thereof will definitely be allergic to you.

If our country keeps sliding backwards, it will not be because of Jonathan or Buhari or any terrible politician. It will be because on several levels we show our allergy/repulsion for that which is good simply because it makes us feel inferior, which leads us to the embracing and glorification of everything low like:
1). low thieving politicians,
2). decrepit and retarded govt policies,
3). abuse from lecturers whose salaries won't exist if we are not available for them to teach,
4). bus conductors abusing us as they collect our fares, agberos in every major city,
5). toilets that look like scenes from Resident Evil for our university students...
6). just every crappy sh*** we have smilingly embraced).

Indeed, with these things we are and feel comfortable (we don't revolt) because it doesn't make us feel inferior.

But with Ben Murray-Bruce, we must draw our swords instinctively (even without being summoned) because, like I said before, he makes us feel inferior.
[/size]

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by nickydof(m): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2016
True talk! We are not used to quality as a people. When we eventually see one, we do all we can to be intimidating. You will hear statements like-'see am, e wan show e sef'. Inferiority complex! Dino Melaye after some extra years at ABU along side his radicalized nature, he was given waivers to graduate. All he knows how to do is "Aluta". Unfortunately, his likes now lead us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by kenny987(f): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2016
May your days be long op!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Praisemelody(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2016
meaning?

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by obasiken: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2016
Op is on point. Inferiority complex is destroying the mentality of many youth in Nigeria today. They are the ones that claim to have bad mouth and easily attack anyone who has a different view on any matter especially in Nairaland.

Bruce ia an intelligent man and his words actually makes sense. Those who have a different view should say their own let us hear.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by mej67: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2016
I agree 100%

2 Likes

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by OAFMods: 11:06am On Jan 26, 2016
Very nonsensical write up. Is Bruce the only politician that was successful before becoming a senator ? This OP is funny, over 90% of those people in the senator after 1999 election are extremely wealthy Nigerians not just rich.

The inferiority complex I see is the despicable write up you have put up in the defence of Bruce and to be sincere this defence is quiet pathetic. Do you mean to say Nigerians can not air their views about Bruce simply because he's successful ?

Do you have any idea how many senators are way richer than Bruce but do not go on Twitter posting controversial issues only to complain about the black lash resulting from such actions.

Do we as Nigerian have to start worshipping Bruce because he's half white/black ? OP you need to get serious Bruce understand what he was signing up for n as a very firm grip of the political lashes he's receiving at the moment after all he started his business from the area the backlash is coming from n am sure he as the guts to take it on which he's doing handsomely. He knows how to stop it if he chooses to.

This your defence to the barrage of insult trailing Bruce's controversial outpour on Twitter is too ame n can only leave him worse off.

2 Likes

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by BeardedMeat(m): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
OAFMods:
Very nonsensical write up. Is Bruce the only politician that was successful before becoming a senator ? This OP is funny, over 90% of those people in the senator after 1999 election are extremely wealthy Nigerians not just rich.

The inferiority complex I see is the despicable write up you have put up in the defence of Bruce and to be sincere this defence is quiet pathetic. Do you mean to say Nigerians can not air their views about Bruce simply because he's successful ?

Do you have any idea how many senators are way richer than Bruce but do not go on Twitter posting controversial issues only to complain about the black lash resulting from such actions.

Do we as Nigerian have to start worshipping Bruce because he's half white/black ? OP you need to get serious Bruce understand what he was signing up for n as a very firm grip of the political lashes he's receiving at the moment after all he started his business from the area the backlash is coming from n am sure he as the guts to take it on which he's doing handsomely. He knows how to stop it if he chooses to.

This your defence to the barrage of insult trailing Bruce's controversial outpour on Twitter is too ame n can only leave him worse off.

Name those your rich senators and let us consider who they were before they ventured into politics.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
@My brother Coolscott,

Senator's Bruce problem is that he doesn't know the difference bewtween tweeter activism and that of legislator in the upper chamber.

He doesn't know that being a Senator makes him a part of the government and his ideas, suggestions would make more impact/meaning if moved on the floor of the Senate either through a bill or proposing resolution. As a Senator, he can always use the twitter platform to get peoples' suggestion and informs people of the progress of a legislation or bill. But the guy wouldn't do such. He'd rather insult our sensibilities with "commonsense crap and unnecessary wailing".

Where was Bruce during the allocation of billions for Senator's cars alone?

4 Likes

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Psalm18: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Indeed you have a point.
He is advancing the frontier of debate and good governance by engaging people with his ideas.

Some of his detractors especially those who allude to his skin color or manner of speaking are clearly suffering from some sort of complex.
Debate him, advance your own position, use facts and reason but just to seek to dismiss him by talking about irrelevant things will not work.

Those same persons abusing him have never questioned the over 200 ,other lawmakers with neither a social account and who havr never raised a bill.
Some people prefer your silence because they cannot advance their thinking to high levels.

Ideas are what drives nations and anyone trying to call to question: the accepted norm, pushing back the envelope and thinking outside the box is a patriot and not mindless sycophancies or nationalism in the name of supporting the government.
Finally I don't care whether you are APC or PDP, I respect articulate people like BMB and across the party divide, Fashola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Some people just open their mouth and utter absolute rubbish. Most times, when one tries to access the sense in their nonsense, u will realise that their is an hyphen wedged between their 'non' and 'sense' which makes it two separate worlds joined by a fool.

If you dnt knw what inferiority complex means, u might as well consult the medical dictionary for some education.

1. Him being educated doesn't make him better than his senses. In fact, in what u have just posted abt him being schooled in the USA, u made it sound like such a ground breaking achievement, such that one may say u concluded that that makes him better than the Nigerian counterparts. That, my friend, makes u sound very inferior.

2. Being successful...how? Define success. Money? Fame? Did u knw that if u ever wish to finish just the primary school education and u did it, u can always say u are fulfilled and successful? Success is in your own terms. It goes hand in hand with contention. So, that makes u inferior again.

Dude, I could go on, but I won't be dragged in the dust with an individual riddled with a complex issue.

Senator bruce is just a kid that stays on the wrong side of reason. If he is so educated and wanted to be seen as an activist, he shld reason where logic resides. His reasons are ducked and pegged as a PDP member. He is not to be taken serious as he is biased and one sided. I see his criticism as that of devoted party member and nothing else.

Tell me, what does he have to say abt Methu or others indicted with corruption?

What was his tweet abt the mega allowances of the senators despite the dwindling revenue?

Did he reject his 'blood money' at the Senate?

I guess he is so worried abt the masses that he donated 1% of his earnings to charity houses.

Tell me, how is he different from fayose, the thug?

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by churchmind: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
OAFMods:

u better shut up n go n treat urself dis disorder call complex b4 u come out here n spew trash OLOODO

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by OAFMods: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Name those your rich senators and let us consider who they were before they ventured into politics.
Start with all former governors followed by former ministers, graduating rep members etc.

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by BeardedMeat(m): 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
OAFMods:

Start with all former governors followed by former ministers, graduating rep members etc.
I know they are there, my question is what were they before they ventured politics?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by kayfra: 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Halfcaste is a derogatory word. Mixed race is more appropriate.

3 Likes

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by OAFMods: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
BeardedMeat:
I know they are there, my question is what were they before they ventured politics?

Your questions was to name them. I believe have done that. For the jobs they were into before venturing into politics Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by BeardedMeat(m): 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
OAFMods:

Your questions was to name them. I believe have done that. For the jobs they were into before venturing into politics Google is your friend.
Hellooooo... Can't see the names.

2 Likes

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by tpiar: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
And what was behind the jabs at jonathan?
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by coolscott(m): 1:11am On Jan 27, 2016
kayfra:
Halfcaste is a derogatory word. Mixed race is more appropriate.
Noted
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by coolscott(m): 1:28am On Jan 27, 2016
OAFMods:

Well, if we have to google to find out their pre-senate achievements, then perharps they were not so successful at all
Beardedmeat
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by OAFMods: 2:49am On Jan 27, 2016
coolscott:
Well, if we have to google to find out their pre-senate achievements, then perharps they were not so successful at all
Beardedmeat
Once thats applicable to every individual you can google to find their achievement excluding no one.

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Rossikk(m): 3:44am On Jan 27, 2016
The OP is the one with an inferiority complex. He clearly sees Bruce's being ''half caste'' as a sign of his innate superiority, as he says Nigerians feel ''inferiority'' towards him. Why not ''superiority''? Why does he think automatically that we feel ''inferior'' to Bruce and not ''superior''? Isn't it because he himself feels instinctively inferior to ''half castes'', which probably explains his ludicrous defence of Bruce here? From what I've seen online, Bruce's twitter comments draw a lot more 'likes' than distasteful comments, so it seems the OP is saying Bruce should not be criticised at all by anybody. Question being, Why OP? Is it because he's a ''half caste''?

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by omenka(m): 4:01am On Jan 27, 2016
Rossikk:
The OP is the one with an inferiority complex. He clearly sees Bruce's being ''half caste'' as a sign of his innate superiority, as he says Nigerians feel ''inferiority'' towards him. Why not ''superiority''? Why does he think automatically that we feel ''inferior'' to Bruce and not ''superior''? Isn't it because he himself feels instinctively inferior to ''half castes'', which probably explains his ludicrous defence of Bruce here? From what I've seen online, Bruce's twitter comments draw a lot more 'likes' than distasteful comments, so it seems the OP is saying Bruce should not be criticised at all by anybody. Question being, Why OP? Is it because he's a ''half caste''?

EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by 912(m): 4:03am On Jan 27, 2016
Rossikk:

God bless you!
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by coolscott(m): 5:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Rossikk:

I knew some of you may say this but I mentioned his skin just because I know the way the folks I refer to think. I know it gets under their skin. It is an unignorable factor in the equation that gives them their rancorous disposition towards him.

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by coolscott(m): 5:43am On Jan 27, 2016
OAFMods:
Once thats applicable to every individual you can google to find their achievement excluding no one.
Some, you google to find their noteworthy achievements (if any). Others, you don't need to google.
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Pavarottii(m): 5:47am On Jan 27, 2016
OAFMods:

So wat has their riches done for a common man. U sound like one of those intimidated by the sound mind of Ben Bruce. He gives common sense to critical issues and letting the populace know things can be done better. What has ur other. Rich senators done to benefit the common man?
Take it or leave it! Nigerians don't embrace quality much. That's why some peeps. Prefers Buhari's Cabinet to GEJ's Cabinet. Wen we actually know the cabinet that has more quality n substance. Well d result is already showing.
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Pavarottii(m): 5:51am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@My brother Coolscott,

Senator's Bruce problem is that he doesn't know the difference bewtween tweeter activism and that of legislator in the upper chamber.

He doesn't know that being a Senator makes him a part of the government and his ideas, suggestions would make more impact/meaning if moved on the floor of the Senate either through a bill or proposing resolution. As a Senator, he can always use the twitter platform to get peoples' suggestion and informs people of the progress of a legislation or bill. But the guy wouldn't do such. He'd rather insult our sensibilities with "commonsense crap and unnecessary wailing".

Where was Bruce during the allocation of billions for Senator's cars alone?

Don't say wat u don't know, my. Brother; on an interview. He has said he has numerous bills to pass. But don't forget is in the opposition; not all bills will even make half of the first reading. Tell me a PDP's senators bill that has passed first reading? Is not as easy as u say it here my brother. Get ur facts about the rudiments n politics of the upper chamber b4 u say things n be guided also.
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Pavarottii(m): 5:57am On Jan 27, 2016
tpiar:
And what was behind the jabs at jonathan?
The same reason my brother. GEJ's governance quality is a rare one. Quote me anywhere. We were to naive to understand where he was taking us as a country. We looked more at his body language rather than his achievements. The truth is that a common Nigerian, likes politicians than come and give them bogus promises shouting on top of their voice better than those who don't av to shout but actually are working. It's that crazy in this country.
Don't wanna go into explaining GEJ, but only time will reveal the Quality we had behind him. U people think building a country is a one tenure job! Well as I said. Let's leave to time, and u will confirm wat am saying.

1 Like

Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by BeardedMeat(m): 6:05am On Jan 27, 2016
coolscott:
Beardedmeat
Thank You!
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by BeClever: 6:37am On Jan 27, 2016
Praisemelody:
meaning?

There is no way you can understand what was written, don't force it bro, it's designated to some certain categories of brains.

What a pity..

@op; thank you.. I have always said, let's give this man a chance at the presidency and see the difference btw brain and potty.
Re: Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce by Praisemelody(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
BeClever:

There is no way you can understand what was written, don't force it bro, it's designated to some certain categories of brains.

What a pity..

@op; thank you.. I have always said, let's give this man a chance at the presidency and see the difference btw brain and potty.
Mr mind your business

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray Bruce Thought On Fuel Subsidy / BREAKING...SSS Seals Appropriation Committee Secretariat Over Budget Padding / Tinubu Signals Intention To Dump APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.